10 Tips To A Glowing Skin
Everyone desires a clean glowing skin and sometimes no matter how many times we take a bath we just do not get that glow and freshness we looking for. Stressful lifestyles, hectic work schedules, inadequate sleep, lack of nutritional diet, pollution, harmful sun rays (UVA/UVB), excessive smoking, and drinking alcohol are the major factors which make your skin dull and dry.
The great news is that this can be prevented and you can always have that glow you so much want. Below are some tips you can use to get your skin flawless;
1. Start Using Serum
It’s much more concentrated than cream or lotion, so you tend to only need a small amount daily to see results. Look for one with antioxidants, the skin’s major defense against free radicals and stress, and pentapeptides, which are a must-have when it comes to boosting collagen, the support structure that gives skin a firm, youthful appearance. Don’t worry about spending a fortune on the ingredients; one of Cook-Bolden’s favorites is Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum, a sheer formula whose small molecules can dive deep into pores. For best results, apply to freshly washed skin; follow with sunscreen or moisturiser to lock in hydration.
2. Exfoliate For Smaller-Looking Pores
It’s amazing how something so tiny can feel so huge, but enlarged pores are one of the most common beauty complaints. Pores appear larger when they’re filled with dirt, oil, dead skin cells, and keratin, a protein that lives on the surface of skin. Remove those plugs, and they seem to shrink. To clear out the gunk, start exfoliating regularly with daily applications of salicylic and glycolic acid. Then add a cleansing system to soften and smooth skin, and clear the dead surface cells. To keep pores from getting even bigger as you age, practice safe sun. “Sun damage breaks down collagen, which can affect pore size as well.” If there’s one thing this step in your routine can do, it’s how to get beautiful skin.
Lemon is one of the best ingredients that you can use to promote clear skin. The citric acid present in lemon helps keep the skin clear by removing dead cells, and its vitamin C content helps reduce dark spots by increasing the cell renewal process. Lemon also has bleaching properties that will help improve your overall skin complexion.
- Apply fresh-squeezed lemon juice to your entire face and neck. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. After this, rub cucumber slices on your skin to soften and moisturize it. Do this daily or every other day.
- Another option is squeeze the juice of one-half lemon and mix one to two tablespoons of raw honey in it. Apply it on your face, leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
- To exfoliate your skin, mix two teaspoons each of lemon juice and sugar. Apply the mixture on your face, neck and hands. Scrub in a circular motion and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once a week to enjoy glowing skin.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has many benefits for the skin. It has antibacterial properties that help kill bacteria that cause acne, anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe irritated skin, and astringent properties that help heal scars. Plus, aloe vera moisturizes the skin and stimulates new skin cell growth.
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply the gel on your face using a cotton ball.
- Allow it to dry on its own for about half an hour, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy daily or several times per week.
Cucumbers contain hydrating, nourishing and astringent properties that are very good for skin. They can improve the overall appearance of your skin by repairing damaged skin cells, removing dead skin cells and adding a fresh glow.
Coconut oil is very rich in antioxidants that prevent free radical activity, which is one of the reasons behind dull and lifeless skin. Also, its antibacterial and antifungal properties help maintain clear skin. Plus, it will keep your skin soft and moisturized as this oil can penetrate deep into underlying tissues of the skin.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices, and rub them thoroughly all over your face. Leave it on overnight and rinse with warm water in the morning. Do this daily before going to bed.
- Alternatively, make a mixture with equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply this mixture to your skin, allow it to dry completely, and then wash it off with warm water. Do this daily.
- Gently warm up some coconut oil in a microwave.
- Apply the warm oil to your face, neck, hands and legs. Gently massage it into the skin for 10 minutes.
- Finally rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this treatment once daily.
7. Nutritious, Fiber Rich Diet
Everything healthy starts from your diet. Digestive problems result in skin impurities; hence diet is really essential for healthy skin. Taking in the right amount of micro-nutrients and vitamins is great for clear skin. Food for glowing skin should be carefully selected natural protein foods like fish, nuts and white meat, grains like buckwheat, brown rice and quinoa, vegetables like broccoli, tomato and beets are very healthy and good for the skin.
8. Drink Water
As we know there are many health benefits of drinking water and juices, one of the best is to help your skin to purify the impurities, and glowing skin tips are incomplete without the inclusion of this essential point. Water cleanses the body and eliminates the toxins and waste. It hydrates the body and removes excess oils and dirt. 15% of our skin is made up of water. Drinking at least 2 liters per day gives the skin a bright, noticeable change in less than a week. It rids your skin from dryness and wrinkles. It also boosts the immune system. The importance of juicing for healthy skin also needs no new emphasis.
Dullness of the skin, pimples and acne are often caused by excessive accumulation of toxins and waste products in the body and it is important to flush out these water products with the help of detoxification. Natural detoxification programs such as 30 days fruit and vegetable detox diet plan stimulate the body to purge and cleanse itself and enhance the functions of the liver, kidney and colon. An easy way to detox your body and each morning is to start your day with a glass of warm lemon water.It also helps in maintaining the pH of the body at a healthy alkaline state. A detox diet should consist of fruit and vegetable juices that are loaded with skin-saving nutrients. It is best to stay away from sugar, alcohol and salty snacks for at least 5 days to give the skin a healthy break and prevent water retention.
10. Avoid the Sun
The sun is a great source for vitamin D. The morning sun from 7am to 9am is good for the skin. However avoiding the sun after this time is very essential. The UV rays are quite strong and they not only damage the texture of the skin but over exposure to these rays can result in skin cancer. Avoid the sun especially from 10 am to 2 pm as the sun rays can get really harsh, and this is a must for even normal skin care. Try to wear clothing that covers most of your skin and carry an umbrella if possible. Apply sunscreen with SPF above 45 while going outdoors. Soothing natural remedies are the best answer to the question of how to remove sunburn and skin tan.