The Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Fund in Botswana provides grants to assist small-scale community development projects. The objective of the fund is to encourage self-reliance within local communities, and to demonstrate the U.S. Government’s interest in the welfare and social development of Botswana. Priority is given to projects that include significant community contribution and involvement.
- Individuals, businesses and government agencies do not qualify. Eligible applicants should be Non-governmental, Non-profit organizations.
- Self sustaining and/or income generating projects are preferred.
- SSHF monies cannot pay for operating costs, salaries, or training. Also, funding for vehicles and computers is not allowed.
- The maximum grant amount is $25,000, but typically ranges from $5,000 to $15,000.
- An organization can receive funds multiple times but only once for any particular project.
- Grantees must complete their projects within 12 months of signing the grant agreement.