The Ministry of Tertiary Education, Research, Science and Technology through the Department of Tertiary Education Financing invite applicants for the Top Achievers scholarship. The scholarship is intended for the Ministry to achieve the following:
1. Avail opportunity for a select number of students, who would have completed secondary education, with outstanding academic performance to pursue careers that are of strategic importance in terms of driving the economic diversification agenda of the Republic of Botswana.
2. Motivate young people at secondary education level to strive to excel and going recognition in their studies, enroll and learn at the best environments to realize their potential.
3. To create a pool of young professionals and/or exceptional leaders for the country and its economy.
Applicants can ONLY make their choices from the following identified fields of study and for programmes NOT available locally:
• Finance and Business,
• Engineering and Technology
• Medical Sciences.
Eligibility Applicants should:
1. Be citizens of Botswana.
2. Have school subjects in accordance with chosen specialty
3. Have attained a minimum of 4A* or above at BGCSE / IGCSE or equivalent.
4. Have completed Secondary General Education (BGCSE or equivalent) in less than two (2) years from the date of this application.
The applicants will be selected and placed in local institutions for A- Level/IBD Programmes and upon successful completion (3A at AS or A- Level / 32 points IBD) proceed to selected Top Tier Universities worldwide only.
Aspiring applicants wishing to be considered for the 2017 Top Achievers Scholarship are required to submit the following documents:
i). An application letter stating the need for the scholarship and their area of interest.
ii). An admission letter from an institution of your choice stating the approved title and duration on the program of study.
iii). Certified copy of BGCSE/IGCSE or equivalent statement of results or certificate.
(Must be certified at institution attended or foreign mission representing country of study)
iv). A certified copy of National Identity card (Omang) or birth certificate where the applicant has not reached 16 years of age.
v). Two references, one verifying academic prowess and the other involvement in community service and/or co-curricular activities.
NB: Commencement of studies is scheduled for April following award of scholarship. In this regard there will be no consideration for award in retrospect for those who self-sponsored before award of scholarship.
All applications must be addressed to:
Department of Tertiary Education Financing P/Bag 0079
Marked: Too Achievers Scholarship 2017
Hand delivered at Department of Tertiary Education Financing – Records Office 78
The deadline for submission of applications is 14th April 2017.
All inquiries must be directed to: Publicity Office on: (+267) 3719319/20/21 or Switchboard: (+267) 3164023