The public is informed that Minister of Youth, Sport and Culture has appointed 11 members of the Botswana National Youth Council. The appointment is in accordance with Presidential Directive Cab 10/B 2015 which approved the restructuring of the BNYC. The individuals listed below have been appointed by the Minister and take their membership of the Council with immediate effect.
- Mr. Kitso Masi has been appointed Chairman of the Council. He is the Executive Director and founding member of the South East District Youth Empowerment Association (SEDYEA).
- Ms. Ngwatshi Enyatseng. She is former Executive Director of Junior Chamber International (JCI) and sits in the BOCCIM Youth Committee.
- Ms. Sethebe Manake is Deputy Chairperson of the Business Botswana Youth Sector. She is a young business owner of a Property Research and Consulting firm. Ms. Manake sits on various committees including the Real Estate Institute of Botswana and Kweneng District.
- Mr. Gobe Taziba. He is a newspaper columnist and founding consultant at Capacity Solutions Botswana. Mr. Taziba also conducts voluntary capacity building for youth based NGOs.
- Mr. Otlaadisa Ramothudi. He is currently the National Coordinator of the Intercollege Christian Movement of Botswana (ICMB), Mr. Kefilwe Boikhutso. He is a Scout Leader and serves as Secretary General of the Botswana Scout Association Youth Forum.
- Ms. Constance Walebatla. She is the Scripture Union (SU) Botswana Programs, Research and Development Manager. She also serves voluntarily as secretary of Abiding Faith Evangelical Ministries (AFEM).
- Mr. Christopher Seagateng. He is the Acting Chairperson of BW Jobs 4 Graduates, youth led organisation which strives to fight unemployment among the youth.
- Mr. Thabo K. Maretlwaneng. He is the General Manager and Guide for a private tourism company. Mr. Maretlwaneng also serves as Chairperson of youth chapter of the Regional Tourism Organisation of Southern Africa, and member of Youth in Business Organisation.
- Mr. Tshenolo B. Palai. He is currently Chairperson on the Unashamed Movement and Director of the Liberty Programme that focuses on helping the youth fight alcohol and drug abuse.
- Mr. Johnson Otlaadisa. He is the Executive Producer and Founder of Cowhorn Productions, an independent television and film production company.
All appointed members of the Council will serve on voluntary basis for a period of not more than three (3) years, and will be eligible for reappointment at the prerogative of the Minister.
The New BNYC will serve as a representative of the interest and aspirations of the youth from all walks of life.
Should there be need for any further clarification, please contact the MYSC PR Unit at +2673682667 | +26775546284.