Secretary, or administrative assistant Wanted
Our company is seeking a Secretary/ Administrative Assistant to oversee all administrative and clerical duties; support the management, manage the office, supervise staff and handle duties for upper management. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. In this position, you will play an important part in assuring our company’s daily office operations run smoothly. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
Your duties will include answering telephones, distributing mail, recording minutes, maintaining company files and participating in tendering process. To succeed in this role, you must be a reliable and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational skills. Our ideal candidate will also be familiar with basic bookkeeping and office administration processes.
• Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed
• Welcoming, greeting and assisting visitors, and direct them to the appropriate individual
• Assist the managing director and other managers in their daily duties,
• Manage workflow by assigning tasks to other administrative employees daily, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly
• Organise company documents for tendering purposes
• Participate in tender preparation especial putting together company documents
• Record minutes of meetings and transcripts.
• Respond to queries in person , via telephone or email
• Develop and Implement office procedures
• Maintain general company record systems to uphold accurate files
• Compose letters, memos and emails
• Maintain company files and records to ensure they remain updated.
• Manage basic bookkeeping duties.
• Prepare and mail bills, contracts, and invoices.
• Help with office management and organization processes.
• Track inventory of office supplies and inform the management about any shortages.
• Plan and book travel arrangements and venues for company events.
• Schedule meetings and plan various company activities and calendars.
• Respond to questions and requests for information
• Certificate in secretarial studies, office administrative or equivalent qualification.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a clerical position.
• Strong knowledge of office procedures and basic accounting processes.
• Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
• Proficiency with MS Office.
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
• Must be a fast typist with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
• Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
• Must be willing to learn new things and partake in further training
• Driver’s license is an added advantage but not a must
The Managing Director
LMT Engineering Consult (Pty) Ltd
P O Box 11
Enquiry: 71374687 / 76159620
Closing date: 22 March 2019