- Drive the overall PGB performance to ensure the position as the country’s leading Hotel and Casino resort is maintained, both from a market share and margin perspective;
- Responsible for the planning and management of the casino, hotel operations and various support functions to maximize productivity and profitability and to meet the growth objectives of the units.
- Deliver revenue, market share and profitability targets.
- Develop and establish marketing plans, promotions and strategies to optimize profit and market share.
- Formulate and establish the complex strategy and budget.
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive annual business plan and the execution thereof.
- Oversee the implementation of the strategy and budget by direct reports.
- Formulate and implement profit improvement plans on a regular basis, or when needed.
- Ensure that costs are controlled in a detailed and structured manner to ensure sustainability of the business.
- Ensure all policies are strictly adhered to in day to day operations.
- Ensure the highest level of service standards which meet or exceed industry standards.
- Responsible for ensuring strict standards in all operations within the resort.
- Ensure a well-maintained property with above average cleanliness and hygiene standards, including a forward thinking capex and maintenance programme.
- Establish sound relationships with primary Peermont stakeholders as defined – Employees and Guests – as well as secondary stakeholders, including unions, shareholders, community leaders etc.
- Responsible for legislative compliance, including compliance with Gambling Authority rules and regulations.
- Use the Peermont values to inform all business activities.
- Ensure the Group Customer Care programme is implemented with due diligence to meeting and exceeding guests expectations.
- Manage all direct reports in a professional, fair and motivating manner and ensure superior performance at all times.
- Ensure that all employees have clear objectives that are managed on a regular basis and remain motivated for the benefit of the resort.
- Implement Group instructions, new projects or initiatives as they are approved by OPCO and EXCO and rolled out.
- Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent
- A business degree, hotel or hospitality management qualification is essential
- 10 years’ experience in a similar position at a senior management level
- Strong financial acumen, strong commercial understanding with a sense of entrepreneurship
- Strong leadership skills with a proven leadership track record
- Critical attention to detail in standards and service
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines and manage projects successfully
- Ability to motivate management and staff and build strong teams
- Must be able to travel and work extended hours as required
- Be an independent thinker but a team player
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel as and when required
- Be able to work extended hours and over weekends and public holidays
- Require to work in a smoking environment
- Will be required to obtain a Gambling Authority License
CLOSING DATE : 30th JUNE 2017
· Ensure that you meet the minimum requirements
· Application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org