Restart the keyboard
Restarting the keyboard can be very effective in solving the problem. A number of readers found this to be helpful. While some reported that the problem returned later, others found the problem to be a one-time issue which was solved when the keyboard was restarted.
- Go to the Settings menu of the device
- Scroll down to the Apps section and Tap on Application Manager
- Swipe to go to the “All” tab
- Now look for the app Android Keyboard and tap on it
- Now tap on Force Stop to stop the keyboard
Exit out of the Settings menu and go back to using the keyboard and check if it works. If you happen to use a third party keyboard or if the device manufacturer has installed its own keyboard then you should look for the keyboard that is in use. Like Samsung users will find that they use the Samsung keyboard so you must look for Samsung keyboard under apps.