The Public is informed that submission of applications, receiving and processing of sponsorship for the financial year 2017/2018 for both Local Public and Private Institutions will commence on the 30th May 2017.
All applicants are therefore advised to follow the schedule and terms and conditions for applying for sponsorship as stated in this notice to ensure compliance with set requirements.
Applicants are reminded that admission at institutions is NO guarantee for sponsorship.
Applicants must be those who have never been sponsored by government.
The issuing and receiving of sponsorship application forms will be done only at the listed public and private universities /colleges.
Applications under special dispensation must be submitted with social workers in their respective regions.
Sponsorship letters will only be collected from the admitting institutions.
a) Botswana citizen who is NOT gainfully employed.
b) Applicants must be able to complete the programme of study before turning thirty five (35) years of age.
c) The cut-off point for 2017/2018 sponsorship is 36 points.
d) Candidates who have upgraded their results must also have a minimum of 36 points.
SPECIAL DISPENSATION-OVC, RADP & SPED
a) Applicants must be registered under a social programme and have acquired a minimum of 31 points.
b) Applicants are advised to apply and submit their applications through the Social Workers’ Office in their respective regions, and shall receive their responses
through the same offices.
c) A confidential Social Enquiry report/ Assessment report is mandatory for every application in this category.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED TO INSTITUTIONS
1) Valid Omang -Certified at National Registration Office ONLY.
2) Birth certificate must be attached in the event the applicant is yet to turn 16 years of age.
3) Certificate/results slip (bearing both Centre and candidate numbers)must be certified at the secondary schools last attended or any Regional Education Office ONLY.
4) Admission letter from the institution of your choice stating the approved title and duration of the programme of study.
5) Completed Loan application form.
6) Affidavits should be attached in cases where the names on the Omang and certificates differ.
Applicants are advised to demand acknowledgement receipt as proof of submission of application.
• Applicants are strongly advised to submit only 1 application to an institution of their choice which will be treated as their final choice.
• Applicants are advised to ensure they only submit their final application after they have checked with all institutions to which they applied.
• Applicants are also advised to submit their final application after careful consideration of their options as changes of institutions/programs are undesirable and may only be considered after the close of processing of all applications.
• Any costs due to change of programme or institution will be borne by the applicant (applicants will be expected to submit a letter of clearance from their former institution before any change may be considered).
a) Prospective applicants are cautioned that failure to disclose information on employment, previous sponsorship as required in the application form will render their application invalid.
b) Serving officers or resigned officers who are or were on permanent employ do not qualify for sponsorship.
c) Submission of altered results is a criminal offence and all such cases will be referred to the law enforcement agencies.
d) All detected cases of deception leading to award of sponsorship will render such an award null and void, and will be referred to the law enforcement agencies for prosecution.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED DIRECTLY FROM STUDENTS AT THE DEPARTMENT OF TERTIARY EDUCATION FINANCING OFFICES. NO SPONSORSHIP
LETTERS WILL BE ISSUEDTO THE STUDENTS FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF TERTIARY EDUCATION FINANCING OFFICES.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS SET AT 30th June 2017.
Sponsorship Application Form can also be downloaded from the MOE&SD website: http://www.moe.gov.bw
All prospective applicants are informed that choices of study programmes for government sponsorship, can ONLY be made from The below listed DIPLOMA AND DEGREE courses for 2017/2018 placement cycle.
Download here—> https://drive.google.com/…/0BzYE5YZqKfVKMTBYTUJ2b0R5R…/view…