VACANCY – DRIVER II – B4 x 11
Applications are invited from talented, decisive and self-driven individuals for the above -mentioned positions in the Ministry of Transport and Communications tenable at the Department of Roads in Kanye Region, Mahalapye Depot and Central Materials Laboratory (Gaborone), Maun Depot, Tsabong Depot, Hukuntsi and Department of Information Technology in Gaborone.
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 25 OF 2018
SALARY SCALE: B4 (35,484 – P42,192.00) per annum
LEAVE: 20 working days per annum
BENEFITS: Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and employee 50% Contributory Pension Fund (Government pays 15% and employee 5%)
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• STD 7 or Junior Certificate
• Class B, C and D of Botswana License
• A minimum of two (2) years proven driving.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To primarily drive vehicles of gross combination weight up to 16000 kg including trailer and below 2500 kg gross combination weight.
• Drive heavy duty vehicles exceeding 3500 kg maximum weight (for non- articulated vehicles) up to 16000 kg maximum weight including trailer
• Drive all non-articulated buses above 3500 kg
• Supervise one or more vehicle attendants and act as a driver in charge when more than one vehicle but less than five is assigned for a specific duty.
• Perform routine maintenance which includes removal and fitment of tyres, washing of vehicles and ensuring that tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
• Perform pre trip inspections and ensures that the vehicle assigned is in good condition
• Ensure proper loading of authorized loads, security and safety of loads and safe unloading at the destination.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Customer Focus
• Time Management
• Listening and Patience
• Integrity and Trust
• Interpersonal Savvy
Please quote the position and vacancy circular on the email subject and submit your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Transport and Communications
hand deliver to Westgate Mall, Ministry of Transport and Communications at the Records Management Unit, Ground Floor.
(PLEASE QUOTE POSITION AND VACANCY CIRCULAR NUMBER ON THE ENVELOPE).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be responded to.
For any enquiries contact Recruitment & Selection Division at 3625525/5517/3612048/2052.
Closing Date: 11th December 2018