VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 2 OF 2020
POLICE SPECIAL CONSTABLES
REF: POL 39/1/3/3 XII (32)
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the post of Police Special Constable. The positions are tenable at Southern Division, South Central Division, North Division, North West Division, and North Central Division
SALARY SCALE: B.5 (P32 592.00 to P38 784.00) per Annum
LEAVE: 20 Working days per annum
BENEFITS: Overtime Allowance at 20% of Basic Salary.
QUALIFICATION: Interested applicants should have BGCSE or IGSCE or better and should have attained at least 30 points with grade C or better in English Language.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should:
• Be Botswana citizens.
• Be Aged between 18-24 years.
• Be physically and mentally fit.
• Have no criminal record
• Be of good character
• Have no visible body marks (tattoos) while wearing police uniform
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To provide frontline Policing Services in an effort to maintain law and order.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Successful Candidates will be required to undergo Police Training for 6 weeks, and on completion carry out the functions of the Botswana Police Service as outlined in Section 6 of the Police Act Cap 21:01 of Botswana Laws:
• Protect Life and Property
• Prevent and Detect Crime
• Repress Internal Disturbances
• Maintain Security and Public tranquility
• Apprehend Offenders
• Bring offenders to justice
• Duly enforce all written laws with which the Botswana Police Service are directly charged and to generally maintain peace.
APPLICATION: Applicants should quote this advert and provide:
• Full names, address, place and date of birth
• Brief summary of career with duties (CV)
• Certified copies of Educational Certificates, References and Omang.
• Contacts details; mobile phone / cellular or landline numbers where possible.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Successful candidates will be subjected to:
• A comprehensive Medical examination
• A comprehensive Physical Fitness examination
• Criminal vetting and
• Security vetting.
Applications should be addressed to:-
Director of Training
Private Bag 009
OR HAND DELIVERED TO:
Botswana Police College
For further information, please contact: Mr. S. Keapereng – 5336209
Mr. C. R. Masole – 5336272
CLOSING DATE: 13th March 2020
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.