Job advertisement: Information and Technology Officer
REF: IT/002/SLF/2018 Date: 27th August 2018
Job type: Contract, renewable upon availability of donor funds and satisfactory performance.
Botswana Retired Nurses Society (BORNUS) is a non- profit-making organization which provides HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support to People Living with HIV and Orphans and Vulnerable in the community. The Organization is currently running a library donated by Blue Lupin from Canada through Stephen Lewis Foundation.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of an Information Technology Officer
Main purpose of the job: The Information Technology Officer will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks of an organization to ensure the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from the computers.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
1. Responsible for maintaining the systems that allow organisation to function and communicate, both internally and externally, on a daily basis.
2. Upgrading the company’s communications infrastructure or installing a new system.
3. Responsible for designing, installing and maintaining the communications, file sharing and general IT resources used by the organisation.
4. Installing new software.
5. Installing new hardware (servers, printers, computer workstations e.t.c).
6. Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
7. Overseeing security of all systems, especially the internet and installing antivirus protection.
8. Fixing network faults.
9. Responsible for network maintenance.
10. Offer technical support for people using the network.
11. Offer technical support for people using the network.
12. Training the organization staff on new systems.
13. Carry out day to day IT administration and monitoring of network use.
14. Plan future improvements, suggesting IT solutions to business problems.
15. Making sure that all Information Technology meets industry standards.
16. Carry out any other duties at the exigency of the service/ organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Information Technology related qualification
• Knowledgeable in computer networking and hardware
• 2 to 3 years relevant work experience
• Broad knowledge of Information Technology service management and control techniques.
• Understanding of existing and emerging technologies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to think logically
• Having a good memory of how software and operating systems work
• Excellent communication skills.
• Be able to plan, prioritize and administer work.
• Result oriented.
• Team player.
• Excellent customer service.
P59, 230.80 per annum
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements must quote the vacancy Ref. No and provide typed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates, Omang and a minimum of two (2) related references.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
Botswana Retired Nurses Society
P.O Box 301729
OR Hand delivered to Botswana Retired Nurses Society, Mafitlhakgosi ward, Tlokweng, Plot 5876, Next to The Dream Centre Day Care Centre.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Hand written applications and all copies which are not certified will not be accepted.
Closing date: 4th September 2018, by 5pm.
Operating Hours: Mondays to Thursdays: 08:00 to 17:00
Fridays: 08:00 to 14:00
For further information, contact the above contact.