VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 01 of 2023
REF: ENT 4/26/11 IV (75) DATE: 30th January 2023
TO: All Permanent Secretaries
All Heads of Departments
VACANCY: PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR – D1
The Ministry of Environment and Tourism’s overall goal is to develop and implement policies, strategies and programs to provide leadership and professional guidance on all matters pertaining to the conservation and management of the country’s environment and its natural resources for sustainable development and tourism.
A talented, experienced, proactive, innovative, and self-driven citizen of Botswana is sought to fill the above-mentioned position in the Ministry of Environment and Tourism – Department of Corporate Services – Gaborone.
Salary Scale: D1 – (P350, 904– P386, 976) per annum.
i) Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%).
ii) Contributory Pension Scheme for Permanent and Pensionable staff (Government pays 15% and employee pays 5%).
Leave: 30 working days per annum.
Qualifications: Degree in social sciences or strategic management or equivalent
Experience: 12 years working experience, preferably in change management related area. Two years of which should have been served at D2 salary scale. Masters Degree in Strategic Management will be an added advantage.
Main Purpose of the Job
To monitor and manage the implementation of reform initiatives introduced by Government and provide general assistance to the Permanent Secretary.
Key Performance Areas
• Aligns strategic and operational planning and budgeting for strategic execution.
• Guides the Ministry in the development of strategic initiatives in order to deliver its mandate.
• Facilitates the development of Annual Plans and programmes to assist in the implementation of Organizational Strategies.
• Facilitates the implementation of the Performance Management System and policies identified to improve the overall performance of the Ministry.
• Contributes in developing sound reforms operational guidelines for the ministry and ensures their implementation.
• Participates in the translation of Ministry’s vision into clear, compelling and challenging programmes.
• Develops and manages service standards in the Ministry.
• Monitors and evaluates the overall effectiveness of the performance improvement initiatives.
• Monitors and Evaluates Organizational programmes/initiatives/projects.
• Prepares quarterly reports on progress, impediments and problems experienced through the implementation of reforms initiatives and submits to the Permanent Secretary.
• Conducts performance audits (e.g Performance Standards, Strategy execution) for the Ministry.
• Processes performance information and appraises the Permanent Secretary and the minister on the overall Ministry’s performance.
• Provides liaison and coordination within the ministry, with other ministries, parastatals, private sector and members of the public.
• Maintains quality and accuracy of performance data.
Formulating Strategies and Concepts
Deciding and Initiating Action
Presentation and Communicating Information
Writing and Reporting
Learning and Research
Planning and Organising
Applicants should quote the reference and vacancy circular number and provide the following:
Detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae.
Certified copy of the National Identity Card.
Certified true copies of Certificates (academic and professional)
Two (2) recent work related references.
Date of first appointment, current position, date into current position and salary scale (all applicants).
All applications from serving Public Officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries.
Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements stipulated above will not be responded to.
Ministry of Environment and Tourism
Private Bag BO 199
Closing Date: 20/02/2023
For further information required please contact: Human Resources at Telephone No. 3647951/3647938