MRI Botswana Limited is a citizen owned private company providing a variety of services including emergency medical assistance and pre-hospital care, emergency medical training, contact centre solutions, integrated primary healthcare services and pharmaceutical services. The company is looking for suitably qualified, experienced, self-driven and dynamic professionals for the following position tenable in Gaborone.
Main Purpose of the Job
Key Performance Areas
• Participating in the financial policy compilation and adhere to set rules, guidelines and regulatory standards in the financial environment.
• Supporting the department in driving key strategic themes championed by finance across the business i.e. efficiencies, optimisation in the management accounting processes.
• Preparation of budgets, reports, commentaries and financial statements for financial administration and internal audit reports.
• Analysing financial information to assist business profitability and growth.
• Providing accurate and sound management reports that assist with key decision making.
• Producing month end and year end journals.
• Preparing statutory and management accounts.
• Producing financial statements including P & L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries and producing other relevant commercial analysis for the business e.g. margins and pricing.
• Preparing monthly reconciliations for all accounts.
• Liaising with managerial staff and colleagues and advising on expenditure.
• Developing and maintaining internal control systems that meet all regulatory requirements and best standards of practice.
• Establishing and implementing the company’s credit rating criteria and determines credit ceilings for customers.
• Reporting breaches of internal and regulatory control mechanisms and proposing appropriate action.
• Adherence to set reporting standards and ensuring the information presented to stakeholders, board and shareholders is accurate and enables them to make decisions in the interest of the organisation.
• Reporting on identified company risks to management and board at risk management meetings.
• Presenting financial statements and forecasting MRIB’s financial performance.
• Strategic thinking
• Conceptual thinking
• Industry knowledge
• Functional knowledge
• Business acumen
• Interpersonal effectiveness
Job Requirements & Experience
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• ACCA, CIMA or CA certified
• Membership with an accredited accounting body i.e. Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants (BICA) is an added advantage
• At least 5 years work experience in a commercial environment 2 years at leading/guiding a team.
Applications which include cover letter, resume and certified certificates should be sent to:
Head of Human Resources
Closing Date: 19th September 2022
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.