Program Office: Public Affairs Office, U.S. Embassy Gaborone, Botswana
Funding Opportunity Title: Startup Smart: Entrepreneurship at Work
Announcement Type: Grant
Funding Opportunity Number: To be announced
Funding Amount: $3,000
Deadline for Applications: Open until 5pm on Wednesday, September 20, 2017
The Public Affairs Office requests proposals from organizations or individuals to host and instruct a series of educational sessions for youth entrepreneurs ages 18 – 35 in support of post’s America on the Move project which includes the following goals:
- Provide accurate, compelling, timely, and audience-appropriate information about the United States – its history, culture and values.
- Facilitate English language learning through access to English language speakers, resources, computers and the Internet.
- Promote U.S. higher education through EducationUSA advising by providing international students with accurate, comprehensive, and current guidance on applying to U.S. colleges and universities.
- Foster people-to-people connection, increase understanding, and build respect with host-country audiences through cultural programs.
- Support continued engagement with U.S. government alumni, connecting them to local audiences through alumni programs where credible, local voices can share firsthand information about the United States and American values.
Download Grand Document (PDF 356 KB) at https://bw.usembassy.gov