Debswana Diamond Company – Jwaneng Mine would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position of Procurement Officer and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual. Ref no: JWNG000267
To coordinate the contracting process for Small Works and to provide support to Contract Administration within Materials
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- 2 years post qualification experience or equivalent with 1 year in Contract Management environment
Key Effectiveness Areas
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets.
- Prepares and issues tenders enquiries to approved Debswana suppliers taking cognizance of ethical, accuracy, time frame, best practices directives and client orientation requirement.
- Attends site meetings to provide advises on proposed changes in line with terms and conditions of contract as well as take minutes for such meetings.
- Verifies that the requisition is dully authorized and that proposed tenders are registered with Debswana.
- Compiles commercial evaluation and make recommendations as appropriate, ensuring equity, accuracy and fairness.
- Arranges and attends post tender clarification meetings to provide technical or commercial queries as appropriate.
- Develops contract for small works according to the standard operating procedures, taking cognizance of authorization levels, industry best practices standards, legal and ethical requirements.
- Prepares amendments on prices or schedules and advises affected parties.
- Prepares and generates notifications on expiry dates of contracts and update the procurement database.
- Maintains effective supplier relationship in accordance with the best practice and ethics directives.
- Carries out administrative functions of the section, taking cognizance of the need to create a clear audit trial.
- Adheres to all safety health & environmental policies and procedures as well as Mines,
- Drive & Energy
- Innovative & Resourcefulness
- Problem solving
- Team Work
- Communications Skills
Apply enclosing a current curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates:
Email: recruitmentJWN@debswana.bw. Please indicate reference code in the subject line on both the email and application letter.
Closing date: 06th April 2017.