PSLE overall performance drops

Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE) results have been released earlier today, Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) has announced. And it has been revealed that an overall performance has dropped.

According to the statement issued by BEC, compared to the preceding year, this year’s results have saw a slight drop.

Percentage of candidates who obtained Grade C or better is reported to have went down by One point sixteen percent (1.16%). The overall performance of candidates who obtained Grade C or better this year is Seventy-one point ninety-nine percent (71.99%). On the contrary, last year an overall performance of Seventy-three point fifteen percent (73.15%).

“The percentage of candidates obtaining Grade A in this examination has remained at the same level though an insignificant decline of 1.49% from 20.11% recorded in 2020 and 18.62% in 2021 was observed. The proportion of candidates obtaining Grade B has also remained at the same level with an insignificant increase of 0.14% from 18.62% in 2020 to 18.76% in 2021. Grade C experienced a slight increase of 0.19% from 34.42% in 2020 to 34.61% in 2021. At the pass grades (Grades D and E), the proportion of candidates at Grade D increased insignificantly by 0.80% from 19.17% in 2020 to 19.97% in 2021. There has also been an insignificant increase of 0.38% from 7.50% in 2020 to 7.88% in 2021 at Grade E. The female candidates outperformed their male counterparts in all subjects.” Fingile Makgalemele, BEC Corporate Branch Manager revealed.

Makgalemele further reported that a total of Forty Six Thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty Four (46,984) candidates wrote the 2021 examination showing an increase in candidature of two percent ( 2%) from the 2020 candidature of Forty Six Thousand and Sixty Three (46,063). The 2021 cohort had Twenty-three thousand, four hundred and eighty-six (23,486) females and Twenty-three thousand, four hundred and ninety-eight (23,498) males, according to Makgalemele.

Related Articles

Back to top button