Duma Boko took to twitter to engage Botswana in a twitter interview running with the hashtag #askdumaboko. The UDC President took the time to respond to questions on Death Penalty, Former President, Abortion, Zunaid & LGBTQ
1. Question: What are your plans to reform the health sector, especially clinics in rural areas? #AskDumaBoko
Duma: We need to harness the 4IR era to develop and avail the best health care across the country especially in the rural areas #askdumaboko
2. Question: @DumaBoko the entertainment industry? mostly film and music, mass media complex, issuing of radio and tv licenses?
Duma: We need to open up the airwaves and establish community radio & TV stations. Move away from state media to public broadcasters that are autonomous. #askdumaboko
3. Question: @DumaBoko please tell us your take on legalizing abortion and how you plan on tackling kgang ya child maintenance because ko di court ga re bone thuso epe #AskDumaBoko
Duma: There are many back street abortions that claim lives. We need to address the abortion issue in a manner that serves all. #askdumaboko
4. Question: #AskDumaBoko are we going to hold the previous president to account once you take state power?
Duma: Yes. We will hold every individual and institution to account #askdumaboko
5. Question: @DumaBoko please tell us your take on legalizing abortion and how you plan on tackling kgang ya child maintenance because ko di court ga re bone thuso epe #AskDumaBoko
Duma: Child maintenance needs to be addressed by government that addresses children. Gov. must chase up payments from absentee fathers #askdumaboko
6. Question: Women are barely represented in politics and governance. Given the low number of women candidates, can we be hopeful that the specially elected (if this will still exists) will at least be women, and any other barely represented demographic? #AskDumaBoko
Duma: By all means and we will increase the numbers of specially elected members to take on more women and youth. With special focus on minorities #askdumaboko
7. Question: @DumaBoko what is the @UDC main target after taking state power? #AskDumaBoko
Duma: Job creation and increased salaries are main focus. #askdumaboko
8. Question: @DumaBoko What are your views on the death penalty? #askdumaboko
Duma: As part of the constitutional review that will take place within 6 months of us in power we will review this. #askdumaboko
9. Question: #AskDumaBoko where does UDC stand with regards to the LGBTQ community?
Duma: UDC respects and upholds the rights of all citizens. I was the first person to handle a case that challenged the discrimination of the LGBTI community #askdumaboko
10. Question: @DumaBoko do we have reasons to fear about the Zunaid Moti’s finacial backing of the UDC? They’re business people and what are their interests in this election and country…
Duma: Zunaid is an investor who is free to invest wherever he wants.