President Khama unveiled an Economic Stimulus Programme whose objective is to stimulate the economy for accelerated employment creation and economic diversification. The programme targets tourism development, agricultural production, construction of buildings and roads as well as manufacturing. In this respect key elements of the programme include:
• Fast track land servicing, with 37,000 plots to be catered for in the coming year.
• Construction of 4480 new housing units by the BHC
• Construction of an additional 1664 teachers quarters and 534 nurses quarters.
• Construction of 144 classrooms and 92 labs.
• Construction of new roads, as well as bypasses in Francistown, Molepolole and Lobatse.
• Upgrading of 92 health posts into clinics
Th government has just released a booklet titled Economic Stimulus Program: A Strategy for Employment & Growth – 2015 and Beyond
Download The Brochure Here—>http://bit.ly/1OBXpaa