The Ministry of Education and Skills Development invites applicants from qualified citizens of Botswana for two (2) Post graduate programmes tenable in New Zealand for academic year 2017. The scholarships funds tuition fees, air travel, an establishment allowance, living allowance and other costs in New Zealand. Scholarship is offered under any of the following categories:
– Masters Degree
Scholarships will be offered at Postgraduate level for study related to Sustainable Economic Development with preference given to study in sectors of:
• Agricultural Development
• Renewable Energy
• Be citizens of Botswana
• Be residing and have been working in Botswana preferably for at least two years prior to application.
• Not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand or Australia, or another developed country.
• Not to be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds or who is eligible to hold, citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Australia or another developed country.
• Have been working in their country of citizenship, preferably for at least two years prior to application.
• Hold a first degree of second class upper division 2(1) or second class lower division 2(2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification for Doctoral degree.
• Ungraded or unclassified degree will NOT be considered.
• Be available to commence their academic studies in New Zealand in February 2017.
• Have already secured admission to their preferred New Zealand university; evidence of admission (e.g. letter of place) is required with the application form.
• Be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for one already commenced at PhD or Masters Level.
• Satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand University at which the qualification is to be undertaken, including English Language criteria. To contact Universities New Zealand:
All applications must be addressed to:
Department of Tertiary Education Financing
Private Bag 0079
Information for this scholarship programme can be found on these web sites:
– Universities New Zealand
– The New Zealand Aid Programme
Closing date: 27th May 2016.
Contact: 3719319 /3719320/3719321/3719322
Switchboard at 3164023/ 3719301/ 3719334