The Ministry of Education and Skills Development through the Botswana Education Hub introduced the Top Achievers Scholarship for Botswana citizens with effect from 2010. The scholarship is intended for the Ministry to achieve the following:
1. Avail opportunity annually for a select number of students, who would have completed secondary education, with outstanding academic performance to pursue careers that are of strategic importance in terms of driving the economic diversification agenda of the Republic of Botswana.
2. Motivate young people at secondary education level to strive to excel and gain recognition in their studies, enroll and learn at the best environments to realize their potential.
3. To create a pool of young professionals and/or exceptional leaders for the country and its economy.
The fields of study for the scholarship are limited to Finance and Business, Engineering and Technology and Medical Sciences. The Ministry will insist that applicants select from these fields, strategic and critical programmes that are not available locally.
Placement For The 2016 Academic Year:
1. Applicants who have attained a minimum of 4A* or above at BGCSE or IGCSE or equivalent examinations (Matric SG,GCE).
2. The applicants will then be selected and placed in local institutions for A- Level/IBD Programmes and upon successful completion (3 As at A- Level / 32 points IBD) proceed to selected Top Tier Universities only.
Aspiring Secondary School 2015 Completers wishing to be considered for the 2016 Top Achievers Scholarship are required to submit to the Botswana Education Hub the following:
i). an application letter stating the need for the scholarship and their area of interest
ii). The BGCSE/IGCSE or equivalent results supported by a statement of results
iii). A certified copy of National Identity card (Omang) or birth certificate where the applicant has not reached 16 years of age.
iv). Two references, one verifying academic prowess and the other involvement in community service and/or co-curricular activities.
The deadline for submission of applications is 31 March 2016.
Botswana Education Hub
Private Bag 005
Or hand delivery to:Ministry of Education Headquarters, Floor two (2), Office No E 10
For more information contact: Mrs. P Q. Kenosi at 3674540/ or email to email@example.com
Or call the Ministry of Education and Skills Development contact center by dialing 16885