The 2016 Botswana General Certificate of Secondary Education results were released yesterday afternoon, and many would like to know how they or their loved ones did. The results are available to the public via mobile phones and the BEC website. To access the BGCSE results via mobile phone please send an sms following instructions below;The candidate must enter the following parameters in the stipulated sequence
-Go to Compose New Message and type your:
-Level Center Number
Please include a space between the parameter values
Send your message to 16688
You will receive your results via SMS.
-Center number should be 5 characters i.e BW plus the three digit center number.
-Candidate number should be 4 numeric characters.
-The surname is not cAsE sensitive.
After sending your enquiry please allow few minutes to receive a response. Response may be delayed due to congestion in the lines.
Access of results through SMS is valid for 7 days from the publishing date
BGCSE results are also available from BEC website (www.bec.co.bw) and can be accessed as follows:
1. Open the web browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) and type www.bec.co.bw to open the Botswana Examinations Council website.
2. Click on Results
(The navigator bar is the blue bar that starts with the “home” tab, and also has the “About BEC” tab, “Qualifications” tab, etc”)
3. Click “My Results” on the gold navigation bar that pops up
4. In the “Examination” drop down combo box, select the Examination (in this case select BGCSE) e.g. BGCSE
5. In the “Year” textbox type the year (In this case select 2016)
6. In the “Center Number” textbox type your school’s Center Number
The center number should be 5 characters i.e. BW plus three digit centre number. For example, if your school’s center number is 800 you type BW800. The system will not accept center number without the prefix BW
7. In the “Candidate Id” textbox type your Candidate Number. The system accepts a candidate number with leading zeros and without leading zeros. For example, if your candidate number is 0001, you may type 0001 or 001 or 01 or 1 or 1 and the system will accept any of them
8. In the “Surname’’ text box type your Surname. The Surname is not Case Sensitive
9. Click the “ Show Results ” button.This should display your results indicating the Exam cycle,Year, Center/School subjects and overall grade.