The purpose of this role is to drive service delivery as regards IT and systems support to internal users. This is achieved with a staff of 4 requiring hands on people management. This person will also contribute towards strategic plans in IT + Systems and will be involved in certain projects contingent on his/her skills set. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Work with SQL server database administration on production systems including SQL querying and writing complex SQL queries
- Work in a multi-vendor IT infrastructure environment with technologies such as Microsoft Server, virtualisation hypervisor technology, enterprise storage and backup, active Director/authentication technologies and Office 265
- Contribute to the design, development and production of regular and ad hoc reports and management information to ensure performance and support planning and decision making
- Conduct trend analysis of incidents, requests, problems and changes to identifying underlying problems, training needs and service level opportunities;diagnosing and resolving incidents relating to enterprise level systems
- Diagnose and resolve incidents relating to enterprise level systems
- Evaluate new products
- Tertiary qualification in IT or related subjects with at least 7 years’ relevant work experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in working in an IT +S department of a moderately complex organisation that is heavily reliant on technology to run its business and/or run your own business offering IT consultancy services.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience having supervised a team of at least 3 staff.
- Sound working knowledge of (a) Microsoft Administration: AD, Windows server and SQL server; (b) Microsoft Windows Server operating systems (server 2012 and Exchange 2013); (c) PC hardware and Microsoft desktop operating systems (windows 8 and 10); (d) Web services/APIs (REST, SOAP, XML and XSLT); (e) software development life cycle and application support principles and best practice.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables/Vlookfup etc), Ms Word and MS Outlook.
- A driver’s license
- Experience in the Travel industry will be a distinct advantage
- Experience in implementing new technology into a business area implementing, the new technology including assisting learners in acquiring new skills
Closing date and application instructions
Your work experience must include details of your past and current employers, specific dates of employment, reasons for leaving and a letter of motivation indicating why you believe you are the best candidate for the role relative to the requirements of the role listed in the advert.
To apply for this role, please click the APPLY button below.
Closing Date: 12 March 2018
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Automation / IT / Internet
- Hospitality / recreation / tourism