Botswana Unified Revenue Service (BURS) is the country’s agency for tax assessment and collection, and aims to lead the way in revenue mobilization and border management together with multiple initiatives and projects the organization intends to continue to evolve and develop into a more effective organization. If you are a professional of distinction, with transformational leadership skills, you need to be part of the best of the breed in the Financial services industry.
Overview of the Role
The purpose of this role is to lead and facilitate delivery of a successful transformation and modernization agenda.
Reporting to the Commissioner General, the position will be responsible
for, among other things, the following:
- Lead the creation and oversee the standard process by which the
organization develops policy and strategy, and plans, directs,
coordinates and organizes major initiatives all aimed at the
organizational, business, technology and cultural transformation of
- Ensure that transformation initiatives and projects are in line with BURS’
strategic objectives. Oversee and coordinate the functions of the
strategy management and planning, operational excellence (Business
Process Management, Performance Improvement) and Project
Management Offices which service all parts of the organization
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or any Social Science area, Industrial engineering or related area.
- A minimum of eight (8) years post bachelor’s degree qualification experience in leading strategic change within organisations, two (2) of which should have been at management level or equivalent.
Key competencies include:
- Transformational Leadership.
- Strategic Orientation.
- External Environmental Awareness.
- Results Orientated.
- Effective Communication.
- Influence and Impact.
- Judgement and Decision Making.
- Development and Empowerment of Others.
Closing date and application instructions
If you meet the above minimum requirements and believe you can grow with BURS, please respond by email to [email protected]
Interested candidates should enclose a covering letter, detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications certificates and current referees’ details.
The Closing date for submission is 14th July 2017