Stock Administrator (4 positions)
Signet Direct Diamond Sourcing is a world class diamond polishing factory that was set up in Gaborone to support Botswana’s efforts to become a global diamond hub. SDDS invites suitably qualified citizens of Botswana to apply for the vacant Stock Administrator positions.
At SDDS Botswana we assure best practices are followed and that team members are rewarded for exceptional performance.
The primary responsibility of the role is to issue and return parcels to and from production team members using the inventory control/ logistics software. This means keying in data, scanning barcodes, counting and weighing diamonds that are processed during production activities.
• Follows up on the logistics of the factory ensuring the production pipeline is kept under control by following FIFO principles.
• Liaising intensively with the Factory leaders, QC and the Production floor team members regularly
• Adheres to security procedures at all times as set out in company policy and procedures.
• Facilitates the import/export process and completes paperwork as needed.
• Prepares polished and rough goods for shipping and other diamond related activities
• Responds to quality control and department manager logistic inquiries. This means generating custom reports and also ad hoc information that is needed.
• Steers the pipeline/process in a proactive way. Anticipate shortfalls and take corrective actions, liaises frequently with department managers and other team members.
• Actively coordinate/communicate production needs and priorities to the floor. This means handing out stones according to schedule, locating stones, being assertive to polishers and factory leaders while explaining the needs. Keeping stock levels in all areas under control.
• BGCSE, Certificate in computers
• Production experience
• Inventory control experience
• Previous experience with Fantasy logistic software would be an added advantage
• Highly organized, detail oriented with proven ablility to multi task
• Fluent spoken English and English writing ability
• Practical experience with database administration applications
• Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, email AND Fantasy system
• Excellent team work and communication skills.
• Able to work extended hours during the week or weekends if required based on company needs.
If you possess the above please submit your application, a detailed CV, a copy of your certified Omang, and your certified educational certificates to the Human Resources Manager – SDDS Botswana, P O Box 81925, Molapo Crossing, Gaborone OR email your application clearly marked Stock Administrator to email@example.com
Closing date: 9th February 2018
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.