Are you interested in becoming an Entrepreneur in the Diamond Industry?
Okavango Diamond Company (ODC) is a leading rough diamond marketing company based in Gaborone.
In partnership with a world-class business school and leading diamond consultants, ODC has designed an educational program that will expose participants to the principles of entrepreneurship and the fundamentals of the diamond industry. ODC is offering a rare opportunity for a selection of progressive individuals to participate in the innovative educational initiative.
The program will result in ten participants developing a business plan to support their entrepreneurial aspirations within the diamond industry.
The 7 month part-time program is scheduled to commence on the 29th August 2016 in Gaborone and will be delivered through a combination of assignments, class lectures, correspondence and online sessions.
The program is being offered at no financial cost to the successful candidates.
– Be a Botswana citizen between 18-35 years
– Have a minimum Form 5 or equivalent educational qualification.
– Be proficient in English.
– Provide an indication that their current obligations will not inhibit them from committing to and completing the 7 month part-time programme.
– Demonstrate leadership or accomplishment in business/ entrepreneurship, or community service.
– Have an energetic and positive “can do attitude with strong communication skills.
Priority consideration will be given to the first 300 applications received. Applications will only be accepted by email. Please send the following documents or any enquiries to [email protected]
– A covering motivational letter (max 100 words) outlining;
Your entrepreneurial ambitions within the diamond pipeline
why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the program
A written statement committing to the completion of the programme.
– A concise CV (max 2 pages) including 2 referees
– A certified copy of your Omang.
A certified copy of your highest attained educational qualification (minimum Form 5 or equivalent)
Closing Date for application is 8am Monday 25th July 2016.