Deadline: 15 March 2015 (annual)
Study in: Canada
Course starts September 2015
York University offers Global Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships, United World College Scholarships, and International Entrance Scholarships specifically for international students who would like to take a full-time undergraduate degree at University of York.
York University in Ontario, Canada
Field of study:
Any full-time undergraduate degree program in one of the following Faculties: Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; and the Schulich School of Business.
Number of Awards:
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: $68,000 ($17,000 x 4 years)
United World College Scholarship $112,000 ($28,000 x 4 years)
International Entrance Scholarships: $112,000 ($28,000 x 4 years)
All scholarships above are renewable for three years of full-time undergraduate study, provided high academic standing is maintained in each academic year.
To be considered for International Scholarships & Awards, you must:
• Submit a formal application for undergraduate admission to York University either by the OUAC website or York online application for September entry.
• Be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada.
• Be nominated for the award(s) by your high school. Note that a student can be nominated for more than one award, however only one nominee per school will be considered for each award.
• Be entering directly from high school (no more than two years after graduation) to the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree program in one of the following Faculties: Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; and the Schulich School of Business.
• Possess an excellent academic record (“A” average or equivalent) and have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports or other areas of individual achievement.
• Submit required application documentation. Refer to the “Required Supporting Documentation” checklist on the application form
• Specific to York’s United World College Scholarship: You must be enrolled in or must have graduated within the past two years from a United World College to qualify for this scholarship
To apply, you must submit the scholarship application form together with supporting documentation (listed in the form) to the University. The next deadline for applications is 15 March 2015 for entry in September 2015.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/funding#intl