Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer – the successful incumbent will be responsible for providing the Bank with effective compliance management strategies, tools and methodologies to ensure compliance within the business.
The individual will be responsible for the following amongst other deliverables:
- Providing technical or specialist insights that provide meaningful opportunities to maintain compliance throughout the Bank
- Developing and implements compliance related campaigns in order to create awareness of importance of compliance as well provide staff with knowledge and skills related to compliance.
- Identifying and communicates current and anticipated compliance risks. Improve business decisions by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence (information) together with analyzing trends and data
- Achieving results in an environment that is continually shifting and where there may be few precedents or structures to guide task execution
- Developing, maintaining and implementing a risk management plan for the Regulations relevant to the
- Ensuring monitoring on regulatory requirements is done
- Planning and managing skills development, talent and performance culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree in Commerce, Legal or Risk Management
- A broad understanding of the banking industry
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of FICA and related AML legislation
- At least seven years’ experience compliance and risk management
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Big picture thinking
- Creativity and innovation
- Results driven
- Building strategic relationships;
- Business acumen/commercial awareness
- Written and verbal communication
- Customer focus
- Strategic management compliance
- First National Bank of Botswana invites suitably qualified candidates to join a high performance and excellence team.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested applicants are requested to log onto
https://www.firstrandjobs.mobi/ and upload their curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) no later than 24th July 2017.