Having to take your girl out can be a huge task on its own. The daunts can give nightmares that none other person may want to go through. Sometimes you will have to worry about the little things you never should have had to worry about. Today we give you a few etiquette tips that you might need to get your hands during that first time date.
1. Open doors for your date without making any grand gestures — this is just what you do.
2. Compliment your date. It could be their shoes or a simple, “you look lovely”.
3. Be waiting for her when she arrives so she’s not standing around on the street or in a bar looking expectant.
4. Dress well. A collared shirt and good chinos or jeans and shoes (not thongs) if you are going out, as a minimum.
5. Offer to pay. Better yet, excuse yourself before the end of the evening to pay the bill out of sight. It’s a stylish touch.
1. Feel free to get the door for him or her and if they get there first. A simple “thank you” is appropriate. Don’t gush — you always hold the door or have others hold it for you.
2. Respond to compliments with a simple “thank you”.
3. With your outfit choice, leave something for the imagination. If it’s a special occasion, choose one feature to accentuate — legs, shoulders, decolletage, but never all three.
4. If you are uncomfortable with your date picking up the bill, offer to get dessert or cocktails at a new venue.
5. Avoid being drunk.