There is nothing as embarrassing as having cracked heels. When you are around people you can’t freely walk barefooted and you cannot wear your favorite pair of sandals.
No worries though, here a few tips to help you get those soft, smooth feet you want.
- Brown Sugar Scrub for Cracked Feet
The smaller and gentler granules of brown sugar can do wonders as scrub for your dry cracked feet. It can gently scrub away the dead skin cells so that your feet gets all new and healthier skin that is soft and crack-free. Brown sugar also contains glycolic acid that can fight off bacterial infection. Glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxyl acid, can give you younger, smooth skin by helping in new cell turnover. The most important factor is that brown sugar is a natural humectant and thus attracts moisture from surrounding environment and locks it in your skin. This helps keeping your heels soft and smooth and gets you rid of cracked feet.
Homemade Brown Sugar Scrub for Cracked Feet
- Brown sugar- 2tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Honey- 1tbsp
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Warm water- ½ bucket
- Combine brown sugar, honey, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Mix them well to get a thick sticky paste like consistency.
- Take the warm water in a basin.
- Soak your feet in this warm water for 10 minutes.
- Now apply some of the brown sugar scrub on one of your feet and rub in circular motion.
- Do this for sometime till the sugar granules melt away.
- Repeat the procedure with the other foot.
- Wash the feet with warm water.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week and then once a week.
- Paraffin Wax
You can also use paraffin wax to remove the dead, dry skin and cure cracked feet. It will also work as a natural emollient to soften the skin and retain the natural oils on the skin.
Heat some paraffin wax in a microwave or double-boiler and add an equal amount of mustard oil or coconut oil to it.
Apply this thick creamy paste on the cracks and put on a pair of socks.
Leave it on overnight and wash your feet thoroughly in the morning.
Follow this remedy daily for one or two weeks.
Due to its moisturizing and humectant properties, glycerin works as a great remedy to get Make a mixture of equal parts of glycerin and lemon juice. You can also add some rose water.
Apply it on your feet.
Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash it off with water.
Follow this remedy daily for about two weeks.
Vinegar can also be used to treat cracked feet as the acetic acid in vinegar helps soften the skin which in turn makes exfoliation easier. Vinegar foot soaks are also beneficial for tired feet.
- Mix one-half to one cup of white or apple cider vinegar in two cups of water. Soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes and then slough off the dead, dry skin with a pumice stone or foot scrubber. Then, wash your feet and pat dry thoroughly. Finally, apply a moisturizer or petroleum jelly.
- Another option is to make a natural foot scrub. Mix a handful of coarse rice flour, a few tablespoons of raw honey and apple cider vinegar to make a thick paste. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil to it. Wash your feet well and then gently massage your feet with this paste for a few minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat once or twice a week.
Lemon juice has a very mild natural acidic property that can help get rid of dead and dry skin cells from your feet. It will also make your skin soft and beautiful.
- Add some lemon juice to warm water. Soak your feet in this solution for about 10 minutes. Gently scrub your feet with a soft foot brush. Wash and dry your feet completely and then apply some moisturizer.
Repeat a few times a week.
- Another option is to add the juice from one lemon to one teaspoon of petroleum jelly and apply this mixture to your dry and cracked heels. Before applying, it is essential to wash your feet and pat them dry. Follow this remedy once or twice daily.
- You can also create a foot scrub by mixing together five tablespoons of sea salt, one tablespoon of olive oil and juice from one lemon. Apply it on your cracked feet. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once or twice a week to get positive results.