Last Friday Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) released the 2016 Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE) results. To access results through SMS, please do the following:
1. Send an sms with your: level, center number, candidate number, candidate surname
2. Include a space between the word “PSLE” and your Centre Number; a space between the Centre Number and Candidate Number and also add a space between the Candidate Number and Candidate Surname.
3. The Center Number must be 6 characters long and the Student Number must be 4 numeric characters long. The surname is not case sensitive.
If your Centre Number is 812 and your Student Number is 1 type:
PSLE PS0812 0001Surname
Send your correctly formatted request to the number below:
To access results through the BEC Website (www.bec.co.bw), please do the following;
1. Open the BEC website by typing http://www.bec.co.bw in your web browser.
2. Click on the “results” tab on the navigator bar.
3. (The navigator bar is the bar that starts with the “home” tab, and also has the “About BEC” tab, “Qualifications” tab, and other tabs”)
4. In the “Examination” drop down combo box, select the Examination (in this case select PSLE)
5. In the “Year” text box type the year (In this case type 2016)
6. In the “Centre Number” text box type your school’s Centre Number. The center number should be 6 characters beginning with the letters “PS” and the “PS” must be in capital letters. For example, if your school’s center number is 812, type PS0812, if your school’s center number is 001, type PS0001, if your school’s centre number is 2714, type PS2714.
7. In the “Candidate Number” text box type your Candidate Number. The System accepts a candidate number with leading zeros and without leading zeros. For example, if your candidate number is 0001 you may type 0001 or 001 or 01 or 1 and the system will accept any of them.
8. In the Surname text box type your Surname. The Surname is not case sensitive.
9. Click the “Show Results” button. This should display your results indicating the Exam cycle, Year, Centre Number, Subjects and Overall Grade.
For further information please contact the BEC toll free number 0800 601 025.