Internal Audit Manager
Main purpose of the job
• To plan, organise and coordinate CIPA’s audit function to ensure the Authority is provided with an independent and objective assurance service designed to add value and improve the Authority’s operations.
• Qualifications, experience and knowledge required
• Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent AND Associate membership of a recognised accounting body (ACCA, CIMA, CA, CIA)
• Eight years’ experience in an internal audit environment, of which three should have been served in a managerial position
• Expert knowledge of audit management practices and standards
• Performing operational audits by evaluating weaknesses and risks in client business processes.
• Develop, Implement and monitor divisional annual plan, and align the divisional goals to the overall corporate objectives.
• Evaluate weaknesses and risks in systems, assess macro effect of audit findings on operating processes and company performance.
• Responsible for the monthly and quarterly tactical planning and monitoring of main operations within the organisation
• Manage execution and on time delivery by setting priorities and milestones, translating initiatives into plans and schedules, and coordinating activities
• Monitoring demands on a process or operation and matching resources to ensure business continuity
• Acquiring and ensuring optimal utilisation of resources by taking into account constraints, peaks and troughs
• Developing and implementing monitoring, measurement and tracking processes and or systems
• Application of a complete range of auditing tools as methodology
• Examines the accuracy and completeness of records and procedures for internal control to safeguard CIPA’s assets and ensures different areas of the Authority are in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and laws
• Reduction in non-compliance arising out of internal interventions
• Minimise external audit queries (including a reduction in audit fees)
• Reports audit findings and makes recommendations to mitigate risk directly to Authority’s Finance and Audit Committee
• Ability to deliver on target and on time, efficiently
• Risk management
• Financial management
• Coaching and developing
• Ability to lead teams
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
• Good interpersonal skills
Only applicants who meet the requirements neeed to apply highlighting their qualifications, experience and names of at least two (traceable) referees. Certified copies of relevant certificates and a detailed CV must accompany applications addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Companies and Intellectual Property Authority
P O Box 102, Gaborone