Now that we are celebrating our golden jubilee, this is the time for us to familiarize ourselves with initiatives that distinguishes us from other nations. Brand Botswana is a unit within Botswana Investment and Trade Centre. The Nation Brand was officially launched in December 2007 by His Excellency, former President of Botswana Festus Mogae. The purpose of the nation brand is to galvanize Batswana around a single identity, to stimulate stronger communities, culture and heritage and instill a greater sense of pride and community engagement in our country.
Why Brand Botswana?
- Galvanize the community around an agreed set of values
- Strengthen Botswana’s visibility and appreciation globally
- Differentiate Botswana from its African neighbors
- Grow export revenue
- Stimulate investment attraction
- Accelerate innovation and new industry development
- Enhance the tourism visitation and spend
- The ‘Pride Mark’ is a symbol of commitment by an individual or group in Botswana to instill pride in the community.
- It links to the overall essence of “Pride and Progress” and the Brand Botswana Blue print.
- Each activity or product that carries the Pride Mark must clearly support the Essence of Brand Botswana, deliver positive social outcomes and demonstrate the values of peaceful, progressive, trustworthy and inclusive.
- Each application to use the Mark will be required to show how the proposed product, activity or project actively supports each of the values.