Sefalana Cash & Carry hiring an Retail Manager
Sefalana Cash & Carry, a leading distributor of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in Botswana, has opportunities for seasoned managers at its retail outlets located across the country. The successful candidates will undergo a basic three (3) to six (6) months training to introduce them to the company’s systems and procedures, and corporate culture.
• a minimum of a Botswana General Certificate in Secondary Education (BGCSE) or an equivalent academic qualification. A higher academic qualification will be an added advantage.
• at least three (3) years’ work experience in a management position within an FMCG business environment.
• familiar with the daily business operations of a retail outlet (supermarket) and able to coordinate daily activities effectively.
• be willing/prepared to relocate to anywhere in Botswana where the business has operations.
• be able to supervise team members to ensure that the team is disciplined and productive.
• able to read and interpret financial reports and develop meaningful action plans from them.
• able to observe customer trends and capitalize on the trends to enhance business opportunities.
• a valid Class B driver’s license.
• supervise a team of subordinates to achieve team motivation and superior work results.
• provide coaching and guidance to staff members to enhance their skills and competencies.
• identify sales opportunities to ensure that the business achieves the set sales revenue targets
• review and monitor the buying office to ensure that the branch carry the right product mix.
• monitor pricing decisions and ensure that the business achieves the set gross profit targets.
• manage operating expenses and ensure that the business is within the set financial budgets.
• ensure that the branch upholds the set merchandising and housekeeping/hygiene standards
• implement the laid down shrinkage control measures to minimize stock losses (shrinkage)
Sefalana Cash & Carry offers a competitive remuneration package consistent with the candidate’s occupational experience, scope of work, and academic qualifications.
Interested persons may send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic certificates, Omang/identity documents and driver’s license to:
Human Resources Development Manager
Sefalana Cash & Carry Ltd Plot 10038,
Private Bag 00422, Gaborone
Or hand deliver at:
Broadhurst Industrial, Gaborone
Corner of Nelson Mandela Drive & Kubu Road
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 23rd May 2022