A lay counselor wanted at Otse Community Home Based Care Trust. The successful incumbent will be required to provide counselling and testing services to clients under the guidance and supervision of the Centre Coordinator.
• Provision of direct client counselling and testing services
• To support outreach activities as may be required
Counselling and testing responsibilities
• Provision of pre-test counselling
• Provision of HIV testing
• Provision of post-test counselling as may be appropriate
• Provision of appropriate referrals as may be required by the client
• In all counselling and testing activities to abide by any standards, procedures and algorithms as may be defined and dictated by the Organisation.
• To keep and protect records as may be required
• To capture client data diligently and accurately at all times (data integrity)
• Promotion of support facilities for clients, including post-test clubs.
Logistics and supply responsibilities
• To demonstrate economical use of the centre resources including, but not limited to, test equipment, transport and marketing materials.
• To comply with Centre-level mechanisms relating to effective expenditure control.
• To account for test kits and other supplies used.
• To exercise at all times suitable levels of confidentiality as defined and dedicated by the Organisation.
• At least a diploma in Social Work or any health related courses
• Certificate in HCT couple testing and rapid testing
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the key issues relating to voluntary counselling & Testing
• Experience of HIV/AIDS related counselling
• Up-to-date knowledge of the issues surrounding HIV/AIDS in Botswana & internationally.
• Empathy /listening skills
• Relationship management
• Time management
Desirable – Skill/Experience
• Fluency in other languages, particularly those spoken locally to the Centre.
• Possession of a valid driver’s licence is a must.
Interested individual should send application with certified relevant copies to:
Otse Community Home Based care Trust
And or hand deliver the application before 1200 hrs on the 28th October 2016.