Remember that success starts way before you walk in the door of the job interview room. Let us pass you through 6 things you must do before a job interview if you want to stand out & get hired.
- Research the company – If you haven’t already done this as part of your job search. There is nothing less impressive than sitting there chatting away with zero knowledge about the company. If possible, also look for info about the person or people interviewing you.
- Carefully review the job description – Looking up anything you don’t understand. This will help you match your answers to their needs for that particular position. This will clearly show that you are the best fit for the position.
- Make notes for yourself using your CV & the job description – And then think of work-related stories or ones from elsewhere if you think they will help you make your point. Use these to show how you’ve risen above & beyond to solve a problem or brought about a successful outcome or helped during a crisis or overcame a weakness or created new methods, etc.
4.Know your own CV – You’d be amazed at how many people have been interviewed who hemmed & hawed when asked about some of their experiences listed right on the CV Recruiters have in front of them. Especially if you had your CV made by a CV designer, make sure you know & understand your CV.
- Take time to practice – Practice answering some of the most popular questions, with the help of your mirror or a recording device. You may also ask friends or family to do some mock interviews with you. This is very helpful. I advise that you get coaching if you can.
- Reasonably brag about the good parts of you – Get comfortable talking about yourself & all the good things you have to offer, without sounding too full of yourself. Just be yourself & think “conversation” rather than the far scarier word “interview”.
GET THE HELP YOU NEED – Let us work on your CV and help you get that interview. Contact us for more. #KnowldegeExchange
BW JOBS 4 GRADUATES
Changing lives•Giving hope